Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Black Bird Press News & Review: Senator Barbara Boxer--In Search of My Soul Sister

Black Bird Press News & Review: Senator Barbara Boxer--In Search of My Soul Sister

Please go to the above link to read Marvin's essay In Search of My Soul Sister

 Marvin X and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf. She presented the BAM poet/playwright with a proclamation in celebration of The Black Arts Movement 50th Anniversary.




Daughter Nefertiti comments on her Dad's essay In Search of My Soul Sister

Oh do I love the way that you preach the TRUTH. There are many sisters who love you and as you say, have always supported you. I am one, and I am eternally grateful for your boldness, for the truth for which you speak. I am grateful for the way that you have allowed yourself to evolve into a whole person, a person who is a lover of humanity. Many of us have gotten stuck into ignorant dogmas that have long ago proven their fallacies, but we fail to abandon them. I love you and you have given birth to a quiet feminine version of yourself.--Nefertiti

No comments:

Post a Comment